Women shall perform all the elements and rituals of Hajj and Umrah’s like men. However, in certain circumstances different rules are applicable on them, which are summarized below:
- It is unlawful and also sinful for a woman to proceed for Hajj or Umrah without being accompanied by her husband know as Mahram.
- If Hajj has become mandatory on a certain woman, but she does not find a Mahram to accompany her, she should postpone her Hajj till she finds a
- A widow or a divorced woman in IDDAH (the waiting period during the death of husband) should not go on Hajj as it is a sinful act.
- A woman is not required to wear sheets of Ihram like a man, she is permitted to use stitched garments of daily use, even the colored ones.
- She is not allowed to keep her head exposed like a men, rather it is mandatory on her to cover the head.
- Women should not recite Talbiyah (the holy words) in a loud voice.
- Women should not perform Ramal during Tawaf. Some women follow men in this matter which is wrong.
- A woman should perform Tawaf at the time when there is no rush of men, or they should walk keeping themselves at a distance from men.
- Women are not required to run between the two green pillars between Safa and Marwah.
- They should walk along the railing. Thus they can avoid the crowd of men.
- They need not get their head shaved to end up Ihram. They should have hair cut equal to the size of a finger joint from the whole or 1/4th of the head.
- If a woman is in the state of menses while leaving home, she can assume Ihram. She should better take a bath or if it is harmful, Wudu will do. Then facing Qiblah, she should form Niyyah for Hajj or Umrah and recite Talbiyah. However, she must not offer Rak’atain for Ihram.
- If the menses begin after assuming Ihram, it does not disturb the state of Ihram. Ihram remains intact.
- Such a woman should stay at her residence in Mecca must not visit Masjidul Haraam, till she takes the bath of purification, because a woman should not enter the mosque in the condition of menses or lochia (blood discharge after child birth). However, she can continue to recite Talbiyah, Takbir, Tahlil, Istighfar, etc. but not verses of the Holy Qur’an. After taking bath for purification, she should perform Umrah.
- If Tawafuz Ziyarah is delayed because of menses, Dam will not be due. Since Tawafuz Ziyarah is a Rukn of Hajj, therefore, unless it is performed, Hajj is not complete.
- If menses begin during Tawaf, a woman should discontinue Tawaf and should come out of the Masjidul Haraam and should perform Tawaf and Sa’ey after she becomes clean.
- If menses begin just after completing Tawaf, she should perform Sa’ey, which is Ja’iz in this condition.
I am sure this post will increase your knowledge regarding rules and regulations for women during the Hajj/Umrah. And if you are looking for the best hajj packages 2017 or low cost umrah packages in UK please consider us.