Washington, DC, US
Exploring Washington without Depleting your Savings
Washington is included in the list of most expensive places to live in the United States but you can still have a budget-friendly trip with a surefire plan, a guidebook and/or map and you will surely have a good time. While it is true that things may be pricey from the food, hotels and to car rental services, with some useful tips, you will find the best travel deals and you can make your Washington vacation worthwhile.
“Riding on the city’s metro will be your best bet in going around the city as it is quite expensive to rent a car and navigating might be a headache for tourists.”
Washington money-saving strategies need some careful planning. There are tools that you need to bring such as a map and a guidebook so that there will not be any unnecessary circumstances that will make your trip unpleasant. Below are few tips to remember to find the best travel deals.
- The best hotel deals can be found near Maryland or Virginia. However, they are in the outskirt of the city. They are the cheapest but if you think that it is too far from the action, you can settle into the Downtown area. The rates would be slightly higher. If you are traveling with your family, you will save more if you will opt for a room with kitchenettes so you can cook your own food. Reservations.com provides all travelers with personalized experiential travel planning and redefines the booking and travel planning experience for today’s travelers.
- Some hotels serve free breakfast. Dining can be quite expensive and you will save more if you will prepare your own food instead of eating out. But if you want to splurge, you can enjoy international cuisine as Washington is a global palette. There are lots of restaurants that serve cuisines from different countries.
- Forget driving around the town as it is difficult to navigate. It is so easy to end up lost. Besides, car rental fees are quite high. Instead, ride on the metro, which may be called subway in your town. There are big maps in every station so you would easily figure where to stop.
- There are lots of cheap attractions in town. Some do not even charge an admission fee such as the Capitol, White House, Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo. You might even catch celebrities or the politicians in the government buildings. Children’s Capitol Museum is a must-see for your kids though this requires a ticket. Remember to plan ahead as some of the day tours are in first come first serve basis.
- You can sometimes buy cheap souvenir items in the museum gift shops, malls and from even across the street so be sure to bring a backpack whenever you are going out exploring so that you will not need to go back when you spot best buys.
With these tips, you will be able to manage a fun and cost-efficient Washington vacation.