Do you need a driving license that will be recognized anywhere in the UK? If yes, you need to do a test. Besides your practical driving test, there will be a theory test to do. This test should be booked online based on the type of auto you want to start driving. This can be a car, motorcycle, lorry, bus or coach.
Join a driving school
To begin, locate a good driving school that will equip you with everything you need to pass your theory and practical tests. Attend all your classes to increase your odds of doing well and to ensure that you spend your money well.
Book your theory test online
Once you finish your driving lessons, it will be necessary to book your theory test online. This is compulsory as it will let you pick a test centre that is closer to you. To start, visit https://www.booktheorytesttoday.com/ and follow simple steps to complete your booking process. As you do it, remember to select a date that is a bit further away so you can have adequate time to revise.
The process entails the following:
- You will be asked to provide your UK driving license number or provisional license number
- If you have no email address or don’t plan to use it for booking, you will be asked to provide your phone number
- To pay for your test, you need either a credit card or a debit card
- To be allowed to do this test, you must have lived in Wales, England or Scotland for at least one hundred and eighty-five days in the last one year. These 185 days must be before the theory test date.
- There are different costs depending on the auto driving license you want to obtain. If it’s a car or motor cycle, you will pay one fixed rate. On the other hand, if you want to drive a lorry or bus, you will pay different amounts for part 1a, part 1b and Part 2. Part 1a is the multiple-choice series questions, part 1 b is the hazard perception test and part 2 is the case studies.
- When booking, mention whether you have a reading difficulty or another form of disability.
Do thorough revision
Your theory test will entail 50 theory questions and 75 hazard perception questions. You need to attain the pass marks per section to get a driving license. To pass you have to revise your multiple series questions and hazard perception questions before the test date arrives. Take this revision as seriously as you would any other examination.
Check, change or cancel your test appointment date
If you are not sure about your driving theory test date, consult the book theory test today website. Do the same if you wish to change your test or cancel it altogether.
Who doesn’t require a theory test?
Those who want to upgrade their current license to another type don’t need to do a theory test. However, this applies to those who are upgrading from any driving license to tow a trailer, category A1 to A2, category C1 to C2, category D1 to D, and an automatic car license to a manual one.