You will hardly meet any person who does not like to take vacations, travel and explore beautiful locations on planet earth. And given that we will be in a foreign location, about which we probably know very little and that too from Google, we are extra careful in spend enough time in planning a perfect and hassle-free vacation with the dear ones. In the excitement of the entire process, we often overlook or ignore travel insurance. Given the uncertainty of being in a foreign land and how to resolve those contingencies, it is always a good idea to cover the risks using a travel insurance policy. No one is sure about the risk that would occur in the course of travelling. Be it the illness or vulnerable accidents or cancellation of the trip due to some reasons, insurance removes all the basic hindrances faced. Mostly, people do not anticipate the losses that might occur in a particular trip. Hence, they often overlook the importance of such policies. Although it would not avoid the misfortune that would be faced, it would at least anticipate for the financial losses if any.
Thus, taking insurance for your travel is a good idea. However, assuming that once you have taken travel insurance and that it will take care of everything on your travel is not such a good idea. One should read through the fine print to understand as to what is covered and what is not, and be aware of the same while traveling. Travel insurance policies differ from one plan to another and therefore this knowledge of what is covered and what is not is all the more important.
Points that are not covered in the insurance policy
- Cancellation for everything is not covered in any insurance policy
One of the major concerns taken by almost every traveller is its cancellation. There can be tons of reasons behind the trip cancellation, and entire points are not covered in the policy. Hence, it is crucial to go through the list of reasons that would be covered through a particular policy. If the reason behind the cancellation is not mentioned in the policy, you would not get any compensating amount in return. Proper documents should be presented if the cancellation is due to any medical reasons.
- Dropping due to any pre-existing conditions
A pre-existing condition is referred to anything that happens before you take the insurance policy. Special attention should be given in such cases. If you claim on the basis of medical grounds, it is important to present essential documents and proof of the medical treatment. They would particularly determine when the condition started to degrade and look back to see whether there were any signs of the disorder or not. If it is a pre-existing condition, no compensation can be claimed through a travel insurance policy.
- Leaving the belongings without attending it
Some policies genuinely cover the losses of the belongings due to theft or robbery. But if you leave it at unsecured spots or doesn’t attend it at any cost, such claims would not be covered. In order to get rid of it, take special care of your belongings especially when you are at a public place. In order to claim the loss, police report or FIR is required to ensure your demands or claims are genuine.
Why taking travel insurance policy so important?
There are several instances that can be faced in the course of a trip. Whether you are a professional traveller or simply going for regular trips on vacation; what sorts of risk would occur can’t be determined. Check out the benefits here.
- There are several interruptions that might occur during trips and can result into cancellation of the trip. In case of any emergency situations before or during the trip, you are bound to cancel the trip. As the payments are done, you have to bear the cancellation charge to some extent. Such expenses are covered through insurance policies.
- Travel insurance acts as the source of monetary compensation in case of any misfortune striking your trip. Apart from financial recovery, there are lots of other options through which one can benefit.
- One can get reimbursement with travel medical insurance. It even includes medical evacuation. It means that travellers don’t need to pay any transportation expenses in case of a medical emergency. Such expenses would be covered through the insurance policy.
Aspects covered in any travel insurance policy
Any comprehensive travel insurance policy would surely cover:
- Emergency medical expenses.
- Cancellation due to an unforeseen situation or cutting your trip short
- Death and disability in the trip
- Any obligations relating to luggage mishandling or theft
There are several other benefits as well that are compensated through the policy. Travelling is, undoubtedly, a fun-filled experience but can turn into a nightmare if proper planning is not done. Before you are trodden with the heavy losses, some planning should be done so that you might anticipate for the losses.
In order to find the best policy for your trip, it is essential to consult the right broker. Choosing any policy is not a wise option. You should notably consider the benefits of the particular policy and compensating amount in case of any hassling situation. Check out online in order to know about different policies and their pros and cons. So, choose the one that is beneficial for you.